Start and Grow your Business
We are India’s leading Financial and Secretarial Advisor to Small, Medium and Large Business enterprises for their various requirements.
Why Choose us
- Cost Effective Services with Easy EMI
- Quick Turnaround Time
- Transparent Process & No Hidden Charges
- ISO 27001:2013 Certified for Data Security
- Recognised by Govt. of India
- Professional & Experienced Team
- 5000+ Satisfied Customers
- Enduring Business Relationship
Get in touch now for a FREE CUNSULTATION at +91-8866277244
Request a Callback
Copyright is the legal process of safeguarding any form of intellectual or artistic creations from illegal imitation or usage. Grounded on the Copyright Act, 1957, the creators/producers of any original works like literature, music, cinematography, sound records, can look after their intellectual properties.
These are the owner’s rights and his alone. Unless willingly given up through licenses, no one can violate them legally. This means that no one can perform a piece written by the owner or make copies of it unless the owner agrees.
ComplianceIndia helps you with the simplest way to file a Copyright.
Advantages of Copyright Registration
Prerequisites of Copyright Registration
– Basic Details of Creator: To register before the Copyright Act, some basic details of the creator like Name, Address & Nationality are mandatory.
– Power of Attorney: The candidate must sign the power of attorney rightfully if you are registering copyright through any advocate or legal firm.
– Submission of the work sample: A candidate registering for copyright should put forward his/her work in a soft copy format in JPEG, JPG, or GIF format. Copyright registration for computer programs, database requires 4 CDs or DVDs of that particular computer programs.
– Trademark Certificate for Artistic Work: For submitting copyright registration on any sort of artistic work, the applicant must get a clear copyright search certificate from the trademark office on a prior basis.
How we Work?
Documents Required for Copyright Registration
Compare Related Services
|The Copyright Act, 1957||The Patents Act, 1970||Trade Marks Act, 1999|
|Registration Requirement||Optional||Mandatory||Mandatory for claiming exclusive right|
|Most likely used for||Artistic works||Inventions||Brand Name & Logo|
|Provisional application requirement||No||Yes||No|
|Valid for||Whole lifetime of the creator||20 years||10 years|
|GET STARTED||KNOW MORE||KNOW MORE|
Our charges for application of Copyright Registration starts from Rs. 2,999/-.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is copyright?
Copyright registration is an intellectual property right just like a trademark and patent. It is basically a legal right which is provided to the creators for their unique work. Copyright falls under the auspices of intellectual property law and protects the rights of creators of original works of authorship whether the work in question is published or not. Original works of authorship include literary, dramatic, musical, and artistic works such as poetry, novels, movies, songs, computer software, and photography.
2. What can be copyrighted?
Copyright works include books, sound recordings, music, artistic work, cinematographic films, dramatic, computer programs, databases, advertisements, and paintings.
3. Can I apply for Copyright registration in respect of ideas or mathematical concepts?
No, one cannot apply for Copyright registration in respect of ideas or mathematical concepts. Copyright does not provide protection to the ideas or concepts.
4. What are the rights of a Copyright owner?
The copyright owner has the exclusive rights to:
– Reproduce and distribute the work in copies or phonorecord to the public by sale or transfer of ownership or license.
– Make additions to the original work or modify it, display, present or perform them among the public; and
– Exclude others to claim ownership or use without the original creators’ permission.
5. Can I sue someone legally if I have my copyright registered?
Yes, you can send a legal notice to that person. And, even after that the infringement continues, you can claim your exclusive right in the court of law to claim damages.
6. What is the validity of my registered copyright?
Copyright protection is valid for the duration of 60 years; in case it is literary, dramatic, musical or artistic works the 60-year period is counted from the year following the death of the author/creator. For cinematographed films, sound recordings and photographs, the 60-year period are counted from the date of publication. For broadcasting, the term is 25 years from the beginning of the calendar year following the year in which it was first broadcasted.
7. Can I sell or transfer my copyright?
Yes, an original creator may sell, transfer, assign or license their copyright.
8. Can I copyright my website?
Yes, you can copyright original authorship on a website. But a domain name cannot be protected under the copyright law. However, every work e.g. photographs, videos etc would be considered as a separate work and a separate application fee needs to be paid for each on them.
9. If an employee in a company develops a program, would this employee own the copyright?
No. In the case of a program made in the course of author’s employment under a contract of service or apprenticeship, the employer shall, in the absence of any agreement to the contrary, be the first owner of the copyright.
10. What is the difference between trademark and copyright?
A trademark is a given to protect a brand name, logo or slogan. While copyright is a protection given to unique content like a book, music, videos, songs and other artistic content. In the common practice, a website owner usually protects just the content and not the supporting works like photos and videos uploaded on the website as they are bound to change according to the business requirement.
Private Limited Company Incorporation
Looking to Start a Company in India? Contact us for complete solutions to your needs…Get Started Now
One Person Company Incorporation
Looking to Start a One Person Co. in India? Contact us for complete solutions to your needs…Get Started Now
Limited Liability Partnership Registration
Indian Subsidiary Company Registration
Looking to Start a Subsidiary Co. in India? Contact us for complete solutions to your needs…Get Started Now
GST Return Filing
ST Return Filing Solutions, NIL GST Return Filing, GST LUT Filing, GST E-Way Bill, Reply to GST Notice…Get Started Now
Accounting and Tax Services
Private Limited Annual Compliances
Solutions for all yearly and event based compliance requirements related to your Company and Directors...Get Started Now
One Person Company Annual Compliances
Solutions for all yearly and event based compliance requirements related to your Company and Director...Get Started Now
LLP Annual Compliances
Solutions for all yearly and event based compliance requirements related to your LLP and Partners...Get Started Now
XBRL Conversion and Filing Services
WHY TO CHOOSE US
Our charges for application of PAN Card starts from Rs. 4,999/-.