Start and Grow your Business
We are India’s leading Financial and Secretarial Advisor to Small, Medium and Large Business enterprises for their various requirements.
Why Choose us
- Cost Effective Services with Easy EMI
- Quick Turnaround Time
- Transparent Process & No Hidden Charges
- ISO 27001:2013 Certified for Data Security
- Recognised by Govt. of India
- Professional & Experienced Team
- 5000+ Satisfied Customers
- Enduring Business Relationship
Get in touch now for a FREE CUNSULTATION at +91-8866277244
Request a Callback
GST E-way Bill
E-way bill stands for Electronic Way Bill. The concept of E-way Bill is introduced under the GST regime. E-way Bill needs to be generated before transporting or shipping goods worth more than INR 50,000 within state or inter-state. The physical copy of e-way bill must be present with the transporter or the person in charge of the conveyance and should include information such as goods, recipient, consignor and transporter. The e-way bill was rolled out nationwide on 1st April 2018. The online centralised system makes the transportation easy for the businesses. E-way bill may be generated or cancelled through SMS also.
ComplianceIndia can be your legal and professional partner in India to help you understand how to register GST E-way Bill in India quickly and cost-effectively.
Advantages of GST E-way Bill
E-way Bill generation ensures lesser requirement of documents
The transportation will be efficient in the form of cost and the time as well.
Elimination of complication of the tax process
Faster and easier process of registration, Being a digital procedure
E-way Bill helps the business personnel to acquire an identical document for nation-wide usage
GST E-way Billing tracks the movement of every shipment and enhances the security of the goods.
Liability for GST E-way Bill
Under GST, it is mandatory to register GST E-way Bill in following circumstances:
– Every GST registered business personnel or entity willing to transport goods valued more than Rs. 50,000.
– Business personnel fetching goods valued more than Rs. 50,000.
– A transporter who is assigned by the dispatcher or receiver of the particular goods worth more than Rs. 50,000.
– It is the responsibility of the transporter to get the GST E-Way Billing process done for himself as the dispatcher or receiver may have not generated it before the movement of goods.
– In case of inward supplies from an unregistered person, either the recipient of supply or the transporter should generate the E-Way Bill.
How we Work?
Documents required for GST E-way Bill
Our charges for GST E-Way billing starts from Rs. 1,499 p.m.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is a GST E-Way bill?
As mandated by the Government of India in the GST Act, 2017, E-Way Bill is a document required to be carried by a person in charge of the conveyance carrying any consignment of goods of value exceeding Rs. 50,000. It is generated from the GST Common Portal by the registered persons or transporters who cause movement of goods of consignment before the commencement of such movement.
2. Why is the E-way bill required?
Section 68 of the Act mandates that the Government may require the person in charge of a conveyance carrying any consignment of goods of value exceeding such amount as may be specified to carry with him such documents and such devices as may be prescribed. Rule 138 of CGST Rules, 2017 prescribes e-way bill as the document to be carried for the consignment of goods in certain prescribed cases. Hence e-way bill generated from the common portal is required.
3. Who all can generate the e-way bill?
Every registered person who facilitates movement of goods of consignment value exceeding Rs.50,000 to supply; or reasons other than supply; or inward supply from unregistered person shall generate E-Way Bill. The unregistered transporter can enroll and generate the e-way bill for the movement of goods for his clients.
4. What information and documents are required to generate e-Way Bill online?
For a generation of the e-Way bill, the requirement includes the sale bill and details regarding the supplier, recipient and transporter of goods along with details of a vehicle through which the consignment was transported. However, in case of non-availability, the vehicle number can be changed after the generation of e-Way Bill.
5. How e-Way Bill is generated?
E-Way Bill is generated through the online portal of the GST Network assigned for the same. The process includes filing PART – A and PART – B of the form through an online portal or through SMS. On registration of Bill, e-Way Bill Number (EBN) is generated.
6. What is the common portal for generation of e-way bill?
The common portal for generation of e-way bill is E-WayBill System (ewaybillgst.gov.in)
7. I am not getting OTP on my mobile, what should I do?
Please check if you have activated ‘Do Not Disturb (DND)’ facility on your mobile or your service provider network may be busy. You can also use OTP, which is sent on your email-id.
8. I have already registered in GST Portal. Whether I need to register again on the e-Way Portal?
Yes. All the registered persons under GST need to register on the portal of e-way bill namely: E-WayBill System (ewaybillgst.gov.in) using his GSTIN. Once GSTIN is entered, the system sends an OTP to his registered mobile number, registered with GST Portal and after authenticating the same, the system enables him to generate his/her username and password for the e-way bill system. After generation of username and password of his/her choice, he/she may proceed to make entries to generate e-way bill.
9. Whenever I am trying to register, the system is saying you have already registered, how should I proceed?
This is indicating that you (your GSTIN) have already registered on the e-way bill portal and have created your username and password on the e-way bill system. Please use these credentials to log into the e-way bill system. If you have 2 forgotten username or password, then please use the ‘Forgot Username’ or ‘Forgot Password’ facility provided on the portal to recollect your username or create new password accordingly.
10. Why the transporter needs to enroll on the e-way bill system?
There may be some transporters, who are not registered under the Goods and Services Tax Act, but such transporters cause the movement of goods for their clients. They need to enroll on the e-way bill portal to get 15-digit Unique Transporter Id.
11. What is TRANSIN or Transporter ID?
TRANSIN or Transporter id is 15-digit unique number generated by EWB system for unregistered transporter, once he enrolls on the system which is similar to GSTIN format and is based on state code, PAN and Check sum digit. This TRANSIN or Transporter id can be shared by transporter with his clients, who may enter this number while generating e-waybills for assigning goods to him for transportation.
12. How does the unregistered transporter get his unique id or transporter id?
The transporter is required to provide the essential information for enrolment on the EWB portal. The transporter id is created by the EWB system after furnishing the requisite information. The details of information to be furnished is available in the user manual.
13. Who can update the vehicle number for the E-Way Bill?
The E-Way Bill is not valid without the vehicle number updated on the common portal if the mode of transport is the road. The Vehicle number can be updated on the E-Way Bill (NIC) 2 generator of the E-Way Bill or the transporter assigned for that e-way bill by the generator.
14. Is there any validity period for E-Way Bill?
The e-Way Bill validity period depends on the distance to be covered by the vehicle in transit for delivery of goods. For distance up to 20km(for over dimensional cargo) and 100 km (other than over dimensional cargo) for Bill will be valid for 1 day. The validity period of 1 day will be added for additional distance.
15. How the value of consignment is calculated? Which goods are included for such calculation?
The amount of consignment to be transported will include a basic value of goods including the GST and cess paid on same. Generating e-Way Bill will be a must for the rejected and returned transportation of goods, goods sent for repairs and maintenance, and materials sent on job work with delivery challan.
16. Whether the consolidated e-Way Bill can be generated for multiple consignments?
Yes, a consolidate e-Way Bill in the prescribed form can be generated for multiple consignments for a single consignment vehicle by the transporter. However, the package prescribed here does not cover the generation of the consolidated e-way bill
17. What are the modes of transportation covered for generating e-Way Bill under GST?
Generating e-Way Bill will be compulsory for every mode of transportation that includes airways, waterways, and roadways. Mode of public conveyance is also included under the same.
18. Is the recipient required to convey the acceptance of the goods under transit?
Yes, the recipient of goods must convey the acceptance or rejection of the goods under transit by online of e-Way Bill generation during the validity of e-Way Bill or within the 72 hours, whichever is earlier.
19. Is the transporter required to carry e-Way Bill during the transportation of goods?
Yes, the transporter must carry the e-Way Bill generated with consignment during the transportation as it includes the details of the goods being transported.
20. Whenever, I am trying to login the system says ‘Your account has been frozen’. How should I resolve this issue?
This is indicating that your account has been frozen because you might have cancelled your registration or your GSTIN has been de-activated in the GST Common Portal. Please visit the GST Portal to find the status of your GSTIN under ‘Search Taxpayer’ tab. In case you are able to log in on GST portal but not log on e-Way Bill portal, please lodge your grievance at https://selfservice.gstsystem.in/