Start and Grow your Business
We are India’s leading Financial and Secretarial Advisor to Small, Medium and Large Business enterprises for their various requirements.
Why Choose us
- Cost Effective Services with Easy EMI
- Quick Turnaround Time
- Transparent Process & No Hidden Charges
- ISO 27001:2013 Certified for Data Security
- Recognised by Govt. of India
- Professional & Experienced Team
- 5000+ Satisfied Customers
- Enduring Business Relationship
Get in touch now for a FREE CUNSULTATION at +91-8866277244
Request a Callback
DOT OSP License Registration
DOT stands for Department of Telecommunication and OSP stands for Other Service Providers referring to the service provided in the Telecommunication Industry which uses telecom resources. The services providers using telecom resources are categorised as OSP and includes BPO or KPO Services, Voice based or Non Voice based Call Centers, E-Commerce Companies, Tele-banking, Tele-medicine, Tele-education, and all other IT enabled services.
A DOT OSP license is required to everyone who is planning to start a call centre, BPO or KPO. The basic requirement for application is that the applicant should be a Company or a LLP. It is complete online process.
ComplianceIndia can help you obtain your DOT OSP License Registration quickly and hassle-free.
After obtaining OSP license there will be no legal hurdle as this is the only legal license required to run BPO’s/ Call Centres or providing all the applications services mentioned former.
Liability for DOT OSP License Registration
Any Company providing ‘Applications Services’ i.e. providing services like tele-banking, tele-medicine, tele-education, tele-trading, e-commerce, call centre, network operation centre and other IT Enabled Services, by using Telecom Resources provided by Authorised Telecom Service Providers shall obtain this license.
How we Work?
Types of DOT OSP LicenseRegistration
Validity and Compliances for DOT OSP License
The validity of the license is for 20 years and after obtaining this license entities registered under OSP’s shall submit Annual Return within 6 months from the closure of financial year.
Documents required for DOT OSP LicenseRegistration
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is the full name of DOT OSP License?
OSP license stand for Other Service Provider. However, DOT is Authority who provide such License called Department of Telecommunication.
2. OSP is applicable to which businesses?
Tele-banking, tele-medicine, tele-trading, e-commerce etc will be allowed to operate by using infrastructure provided by various access providers for non-telecom services.
3. I am running a call centre from my home, Do I still need a OSP license?
Yes for every call centre OSP license is applicable.
4. Do I need to submit the hard copies after filing the online application?
Yes, a hard copy needs to be submitted to your respective term cell.
5. Can I Run Domestic and International Call Center at One Place?
Yes, For that you required to Obtain Domestic CUM International DOP OSP License. Minimum Requirement is 50 Seat Capacity of calling.
6. Is DoT and OSP License are Different?
DOT is Authority who Provides OSP – other service provider License in India.
7. I want to Start BPO, KPO in India for My USA Company, does OSP DOP Required?
Yes, International DOT OSP License required for KPO BPO Service from Indian Company to USA Company.
8. I work as calling Agent from my home, still i need OSP DOT license?
Yes, Marketing or lead generating Calling required OSP DoT license.
9. We provide Stock Market Tips on Call does we need OSP?
Stock market Tips Provider on Call required DoT OSP License.
10. What are the regular compliances after grant of DOT OSP License?
The company which has been granted the DOT OSP License is required to file annual status return mentioning the activities undertaken during the previous year and the present status. This return is necessary for the purpose of keeping the OSP License valid.
11. What is the validity of DOT OSP License in India?
The DOT OSP License is valid for the period for which it has been issued, the period of validity is mentioned on the license itself. Generally the DOT OSP License is issued with a validity of 20 years, however to keep it valid the company must file annual status return
12. Is the DOT OSP License is location specific?
The DOT OSP License is Location Specific, for every license a separate OSP License is required. After grant of the first license you can apply for another location as well.
13. Is the DOT OSP License transferable?
No as per telecom policy the DOT OSP License issued to one company is not transferable to any other company.
14. What is the due date of annual return for the DOT OSP License holder?
The annual return by the company who has been issued a License is to be filed within 6 months from the end of the relevant financial year.
15. What happens if the annual return is not filed with regard to DOP OSP License?
If the annual return is not filed by the OSP then the company is put in the dormant list of OSP and the license is cancelled after waiting for a period of two years.