Start and Grow your Business
We are India’s leading Financial and Secretarial Advisor to Small, Medium and Large Business enterprises for their various requirements.
Why Choose us
- Cost Effective Services with Easy EMI
- Quick Turnaround Time
- Transparent Process & No Hidden Charges
- ISO 27001:2013 Certified for Data Security
- Recognised by Govt. of India
- Professional & Experienced Team
- 5000+ Satisfied Customers
- Enduring Business Relationship
Get in touch now for a FREE CUNSULTATION at +91-8866277244
Request a Callback
Trade License Registration
A trade license is a document/ certificate that gives the permission to the applicant who seeks to open a business, to commence a particular trade or business in a particular area/ location. However, the license does not allow the holder to any other trade or business than for it is issued. Furthermore, this license does not pass on any kind of property ownership to the holder of the license. A Trade License is issued by the State Government to regulate specific business from a particular locality. This helps in ensuring that no one is severally affected by nuisance and health hazard of any trade or business. The major objective of the trade license is to reduce the people from making their residential area as their business location to maintain the business environment and locality environment. Any unauthorised running of trade is an offence which may result in a substantial penalty and subsequent prosecution. License once issued requires periodical renewal on annual basis. Application for renewal must be filed at least 30 days before expiry of license.
ComplianceIndia can help you obtain your Trade License Registration quickly and hassle-free.
Advantages of Trade License
Better exposure to Financial Aid
Increase Goodwill in the Market
Ensure fewer confrontation with legal affairs
Ensure better sanitation within the organisation
Discourages unethical practices
Liability for Trade License Registration
- The applicant must have crossed the age of 18 years
- The applicant must not have any criminal records
- Business must be legally permissible.
Time limit for Trade License Registration
The applicant must apply for Trade License Registration within 30 days of commencement of business.
Types of Trade License Registration
How we Work?
Documents required for Trade License Registration
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Do I need to apply for a Trade license if I am operating a business from the premises of my home?
Yes. All business/ trades must secure a trade license from the government prior to the commencement of operations.
2. Can I sell products online without a business license?
All companies/individuals must acquire a business license regardless of whether they are selling online or from an offline store.
3. Can I start another business with my existing trade license for my current business?
No. You can only commence and conduct the business in the location as specified in your trade license application.
4. What is the expense of obtaining a trade license?
The fee structure for applying for and obtaining a trade license varies from state to state.
5. What if I do not apply for a trade license at all?
Not obtaining a trade license at all for your business will lead to penalty charges, imprisonment, and closure of your business.
6. Can a trade license be suspended?
If the license holder violates the license conditions and causes a social and communal disturbance, their trade license may be cancelled or suspended.
7. Can I start the business if I have applied for a trade license but have not received it?
Yes. If you have applied for a trade license, the receipt of the application stands valid until you received your license.
8. What is the application charge for a trade license?
An amount of INR 500 is collected as a processing charge for trade license applications.
9. Where do you apply for a trade license?
You can apply either at a CSB or online through the state website.
10. For an online trade license application, where must we upload the required documents?
You may submit the necessary documents at any CSBs after marking the document copies with the unique acknowledgement number received for your online application.
11. How long will it take for the entire process?
It will take two weeks for completion of this process and for receiving your license.
12. What is the period of Trade license renewal?
Trade licence renewal is done from 1st January to 31st March every year.
13. If the license has lapsed long ago, how can I recover from such conditions?
You need to provide the reason for this and pay the appropriate amount or due fees for it.