Start and Grow your Business
We are India’s leading Financial and Secretarial Advisor to Small, Medium and Large Business enterprises for their various requirements.
Why Choose us
- Cost Effective Services with Easy EMI
- Quick Turnaround Time
- Transparent Process & No Hidden Charges
- ISO 27001:2013 Certified for Data Security
- Recognised by Govt. of India
- Professional & Experienced Team
- 5000+ Satisfied Customers
- Enduring Business Relationship
Get in touch now for a FREE CUNSULTATION at +91-8866277244
Request a Callback
GSTNil Return Filing
GST is the product of the biggest tax reform in India which has tremendously improved ease of doing business and increasing the taxpayer base in India by including millions of small businesses. Every Person or Entity who has obtained GSTIN are liable to file various GST Returns before due dates. Even the Person or entity who has obtained GSTIN but has inactive business are required to file GST Returns. Taxpayers are required to file GST Returns based on the turnover criteria of the business.
When a taxpayer has not made any outward supply/ Sale and has not received any inward supply/ Purchase of any goods/ services and do not has any tax liability for that particular tax period, then the taxpayer is required to file GST Nil Return.
The motive of filing GST Nil Return is to keep a record of not paying any tax due to a few regulated circumstances.
ComplianceIndia can be your legal and professional partner in India to help you understand how to file GST Nil Returns in India quickly and cost-effectively.
Advantages of GST Nil Return Filing
Business opportunities : With the introduction of GST, the busine
To whom GST Nil Return filing is applicable
Under the GST Act, any registered taxpayer with zero sales or purchase recorded for a particular period of time is mandated to file a Nil Return.
Types of GST Return filing
Monthly GST Returns
Annual GST Returns
GST filing for input/ purchase
GST filing for output/ supply
How we Work?
Different Forms of GST filing
|Return||Description||Who Files?||Standard Date for filing|
|GSTR–1||Statement of Outward supplies of Goods or Services||Normal Registered Person||
11th of every month [In case of monthly filing]
13th of month following every quarter [in case of quarterly filing]
|GSTR–2 [Suspended currently]||Statement of Inward supplies of Goods or Services||Normal Registered Person||15th of the next month|
GSTR – 3
|Return for a normal tax-payer||Normal Registered Person||20th of the next month|
|GSTR – 3B||Simple Monthly Return||Normal Registered Person||20th of the next month|
|GSTR – 4||Quarterly Return||Taxable Person opting for Composition Levy||18th of the month succeeding the quarter|
|GSTR – 5||Monthly return for a non-resident taxpayer||Non-resident taxpayer||20th of the month succeeding tax period & within 7 days after expiry of registration|
|GSTR – 5A||Monthly return for a person supplying OIDAR services from a place out-side India to a non-taxable online recipient||Supplier of OIDAR Services||20th of the next month|
|GSTR – 6||Monthly return for an Input Service Distributor (ISD)||Input Service Distributor||13th of the next month|
|GSTR – 7||Monthly return for authorities deducting tax at source||Tax Deductor||10th of the next month|
|GSTR – 8||Monthly statement for E-Commerce Operator depicting supplies effecting through it.||E-Commerce Operator||10th of the next month|
|GSTR – 9||Annual Return||Registered Person other than an ISD, TDS/TCS Taxpayer, casual taxable person and Non-resident taxpayer.||31st December of next Financial Year|
|GSTR – 9A||Simplified Annual Return under Composition Scheme||Taxable Per-son opting for Composition Levy||31st December of next Financial Year|
|GSTR – 10||Final Return||Taxable person whose registration has been surrendered or cancelled.||Within three months of the date of cancellation or date of order of cancellation, which-ever is later.|
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is GST?
Goods and Services Tax (GST) is a all-in-one tax levied on manufacture, trade and services across India. From 1st July, 2017 GST has replaced indirect taxes like VAT, Service Tax, Excise etc.
2. What is GSTIN?
Goods and Services Tax Identification Number (GSTIN) is a 15 digits number which is used to identify businesses registered under GST.
3. Do I need to be physically present during process of filing?
No, GST Nil Return filing is a fully online process as all Forms are required to be filed electronically. You would need to send us scanned copies of all the required documents. You can check GST Nil Return filing status by visiting GST portal.
4. Can I file Nil Form GSTR-1 through SMS, instead of filing online through GST Portal?
Yes, you can file Nil Form GSTR-1 through SMS, instead of filing it through online mode on GST Portal.
5. Who is eligible to file Nil Form GSTR-1 through SMS?
Any taxpayer who fulfills below conditions, are eligible to file Nil Form GSTR-1, through SMS:
– Taxpayer must be registered as Normal taxpayer/ Casual taxpayer/ SEZ Unit / SEZ Developer and must have a valid GSTIN
– Taxpayer must have opted for the filing frequency as either monthly or quarterly on the GST Portal.
– Authorized signatory and his/ her phone number must be registered on the GST Portal.
– There must not be any data in saved or submitted stage in online version of Form GSTR-1, on the GST Portal.
6. I am an Authorized Signatory and my mobile number has been registered for more than one GSTIN. Can I file Nil Form GSTR-1, through SMS for all GSTINs?
Yes, you can file Nil Form GSTR-1, through SMS for all GSTINs, for whom you are an Authorized Signatory, from the same mobile number.
7. What is the validity of Verification Code received through SMS?
Verification Code is valid for 30 minutes.
8. I have filed Nil Form GSTR-1 through SMS. Do I need to login again to the GST Portal to file Nil Form GSTR-1?
Once you have filed Nil Form GSTR-1 through SMS, you do not need to login to the GST Portal again to file Nil Form GSTR-1. After successful filing of Nil Form GSTR-1, through SMS, the status of Form GSTR-1 is changed to Filed on GST Portal.
9. Is it mandatory for all the registered taxpayers to file the GST Nil Return?
No. Filing the GST Nil Return is mandatory only for the taxpayer with no sales or purchase input within a certain time period.
10. Can I file my GST Nil Return on a yearly basis?
No. As per the GST Act, 2017, the GST Nil Return can be filed only on monthly or quarterly basis.
11. Will I have to file the GST Nil Return after filing the regular GST Returns?
GST Nil Return filing is applicable only for the registered taxpayers with zero sales or purchase record within a fixed timeline. If a business individual is filing the standard GST Returns, it means he/she is not applicable for the GST Nil Return filing.
12. How should I know that I am eligible for the GST Nil Return filing or not?
Following the provisions of the GST Act, 2017, a business personnel becomes eligible for GST Nil Return filing in case of no sales/purchase input during a time period.
13. How long does it take to file a GST Nil Return?
We adopt a very simple Return filing process. Once you submit us the required documents, we usually file a return within 1 working day.
14. What should I do if DSC does not work while filing?
If DSC does not work, you can always file a GST return using other methods which involve an OTP from your registered phone number, your PAN information, and a DSC.
15. How does ComplianceIndia add value to the GST Nil Returns filing process?
Our qualified Legal Professional/ Experts will review the provided information and proceed with GST Nil Return filing process.