Start and Grow your Business
We are India’s leading Financial and Secretarial Advisor to Small, Medium and Large Business enterprises for their various requirements.
Why Choose us
- Cost Effective Services with Easy EMI
- Quick Turnaround Time
- Transparent Process & No Hidden Charges
- ISO 27001:2013 Certified for Data Security
- Recognised by Govt. of India
- Professional & Experienced Team
- 5000+ Satisfied Customers
- Enduring Business Relationship
Get in touch now for a FREE CUNSULTATION at +91-8866277244
Request a Callback
Director Identification Number (DIN)
Director Identification Number (DIN) is a mandatory requirement for all existing and new directors (or proposed directors) of a company. It is a 8-digit Unique Identification Number allotted by Central Government to an individual who is an existing director of a company or intends to be appointed as director of a company. It has lifetime validity.
A DIN is necessary because many a times it has been observed that company raises money from investors/public and vanishes away and it becomes difficult to trace the director. The main purpose of introducing DIN was to maintain a complete database of details of the directors so that in case they cheat someone they are easily traceable. DIN not only helps in fixation of the identity of directors but also tracks his participation (past/current) with other companies.
DIN has become mandatory and also a pre-requisite to incorporate a company. Also a person can hold only one DIN irrespective of the number of companies he is engaged with. ComplianceIndia can help you obtain your DIN quickly and hassle-free.
Advantages of DIN Application
Requirement for Application of DIN
Any person who intends to be a Director of a Company or Designated Partner of a LLP is required to have a valid Director Identification Number (DIN) or Designated Partner Identification Number (DPIN).
How we Work?
Documents required for DIN Application
Note – In case of Foreign Nationals or NRIs, all documents need to be notarised and apostilled from the Country where the Foreign Nationals or NRI is presently residing or by the Indian Embassy in the Country where such person is presently residing.
Relevant Forms for DIN Application:
|Applicants, not holding DIN, intends to be proposed first directors in respect of new company shall made application for allotment of DIN in SPICe+ [e-Form 32] only.
|Any person who intends to a director in an existing company shall make application for allotment of DIN in E-form DIR-3
|Any changes in the particulars of the Directors shall be filed in E-Form DIR-6 only.
Our charges for application of DIN application starts from Rs. 999/-.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is Director Identification Number (DIN)?
It is an unique Identification Number allotted to an individual who is an existing director of a company or intends to be appointed as director of a company pursuant to section 153 & 154 of the Companies Act, 2013.
In respect of a new company an application for allotment of DIN shall be made only through SPICe e-form at the time of its incorporation.
2. Who can file an application for allotment of DIN?
Any person intending to become a director in an existing company shall file form DIR-3 and the same gets processed by Central Government (Office of Regional Director (Northern Region), Ministry of Corporate Affairs). Further, person who is appointed as a director upon filing form SPICe (INC-32) will be issued a DIN by the approving authority (Central Registration Centre).
3. What is the procedure of obtaining DIN?
Any person intending to become a director in a new Company is required to apply for the allotment of Director Identification Number only through SPICe e-form at the time of incorporation while Any person intending to become a director in an existing company shall have to make an application in e-Form DIR-3 for allotment of DIN and should follow the following procedure:
1. Attach the photograph and scanned copy of supporting documents i.e. attested proof of identity and attested proof of residence as prescribed.
2. Physical documents are not required to be submitted to the DIN cell.
3. Form DIR-3 is mandatorily to be signed by the Applicant and which shall be verified digitally by a Company Secretary in full time employment of the company or by the Managing Director or Director or CEO or CFO of an existing company in which the applicant is intended to be appointed as a director.
4. Upon upload, make the payment of filing fee of e-Form DIR-3. Only electronic payment of the fees shall be allowed (i.e. Net banking / Credit Card/Debit Card/Pay later/ NeFT). E-Form DIR-3 will be processed only once the DIN application fee is paid.
5. After successful payment, an approved DIN shall be generated in case the details of the e-Form have not been identified as potential duplicate. Provisional DIN shall be generated in case the details of the e-form have been found as potential duplicate. A suitable informational message will be given to the user in this regard in the receipt.
6. Verification of e-Form: In case, details of e-Form DIR-3 are found as potential duplicate, the same gets routed to DIN cell for back office processing. Upon approval of the form, provisional DIN becomes approved DIN and would be available for further use.
4. Who can sign e-Form DIR-6?
The e-Form DIR-6 is required to be digitally signed by an Applicant and a Chartered Accountant or a Company Secretary or a Cost Accountant in whole- time practice.
5. What things should be taken care of while filling form DIR-3?
Please note that Income Tax PAN is mandatory in case of Indian applicants so the applicant details (name, father’s name, date of birth) should be as per the PAN details. The particulars filled in form DIR-3 should match with the details given in the supporting documents to be submitted along with DIN application. Any mis-match will lead to rejection of DIN application.
6. Whether any fee is payable along with application for allotment of DIN?
Yes, DIN application fee of Rs. 500/- is payable.
7. How to enquire about the status of the payment made for Form DIR-3?
Status of the payment made for Form DIR-3 can be enquired from ‘Track Payment Status’ link on the homepage of www.mca.gov.in.
8. What are the scanned documents required to be attached with e-form DIR-3?
– High resolution photograph of the applicant to be affixed within the e-Form
– PAN is mandatory in case of Indian national. So attested copy of PAN is mandatory for identity, name, father’s name and date of birth. Proof of father’s name is not required in the case of foreign nationals
– Attested copy of passport is mandatory as an identity proof in the case of foreign nationals.
– Duly attested present Address proof (not older than 2 months)
9. What things should be taken care of with regard to supporting documents?
Please ensure the following before attaching supporting documents with DIN application:
– Documents submitted are currently valid and not expired.
– Documents issued by LIC may be enclosed as Date of Birth and Address proof.
– Voter’s identity card, Passport, Driving License, Unique Identification Number (UIN) as Address proof.
– Bank Statements, Utility Bills like telephone, mobile, electricity bill etc. furnished as residence proof are in the applicant’s name only and not older than two months.
– All supporting documents attached with form DIR-3 shall be either self-attested by the applicant or duly attested by either Public Notary or a Gazette Officer of a Government or attested by Company secretary in full time employment/ CEO / CFO/ Managing director of the Indian company in which he / she is proposed to be a director.
– In case the director is illiterate, thumb impression should be certified from the concerned revenue authority (where the applicant resides) and then all the documents should be notarized or attested OR if applicant is not in a position to sign the application due to medical reasons and affixed thumb impression on the application then duly attested medical certificate from Government hospital is must with the application stating the reason of his / her ailment.
10. What additional information /documents are required in case of foreign national?
Details of a valid passport should be filled in form DIR-3 and a certified copy of same should be attached with DIN application. All supporting documents including photograph should be certified by the Indian Embassy or a notary in the home country of the applicant. If a foreign director has a valid multiple-entry Indian visa or Person of Indian Origin card or Overseas Citizen of India card, then the attestation could also be done by Public Notary / Gazetted Officer in India.
11. What are the grounds for rejection of DIN application?
A provisional DIN is approved only after scrutiny of the documents attached with the application. Some of the common mistakes committed by applicants and on account of which the DIN application gets rejected are as under-
Non-submission of supporting documents
– The proof of identity of the applicant is not submitted.
– The proof of father’s name of the applicant is not submitted.
– The proof of date of birth of the applicant is not submitted.
– The proof of residential address of the applicant is not submitted.
– The copy of passport (for foreign nationals) is not submitted
Invalid Application/supporting Documents
– The supporting documents are invalid or expired.
– The proof of identity submitted has not been issued by a Government Agency.
– The application/enclosed evidence has handwritten entries.
– The submitted application is a duplicate DIN application and already one application of that applicant is pending or approved.
– The submitted application does not have photograph affixed.
– The signatures are not appended to the prescribed place.
– The applicant’s name filled in application form does not match with the name in the enclosed evidence.
– The applicant’s father’s name filled in application form does not match with the father’s name in the enclosed evidence.
– The applicant’s date (DD/MM/YY) of birth filled in application form does not match with the date of birth in the enclosed evidence.
– The address details filled in the application do not match with those contained in the enclosed supporting evidence.
– The gender is not entered correctly in Form DIR-3.
– Identification number entered in application does not match with the identity proof enclosed.
– If enclosed documents are not self attested.
12. My DIN application has been rejected. Am I required to apply for a fresh DIN?
Yes, you will have to apply for a fresh DIN.
13. My DIN application has been put under Resubmission. Am I required to obtain a fresh DIN application?
No. If the DIN application is put under Resubmission for example due to following reasons, you can submit additional documents for rectifying your DIN application, within a period of 15 days from the date on which it is marked as Resubmission:
– Proof of Identity/ residence is not enclosed or expired.
– Proof of Date of Birth is not enclosed.
– Supporting documents are not properly attested.
– Non-submission of affidavit (if required).
Note – On resubmitting with the additional documents, same DIN will be approved, if documents are found in correct order as per marked in resubmission.
14. Which procedure has to be followed, if there is any change in particulars of Director?
Director is required to download and fill up eForm DIR-6 for such changes and follow the same common process for uploading the form as mentioned above for eForm DIR-3. The requested change is taken into consideration on verification of the proof enclosed with the application form. In case of change in the applicant’s name, gazette notification is must with form DIR-6. Married women, who are having Id proof with their maiden name, can submit marriage certificate along with application.
15. Whether Income Tax PAN is mandatory while applying for DIN?
Income tax PAN is mandatory for Indian nationals however the same is optional for foreign nationals. If Income tax PAN is entered, it shall be mandatory to click on ‘Verify income-tax PAN’ button. Applicant’s name (first, middle and last name), applicant father’s name (first, middle and last name) and date of birth should be as per the income-tax PAN details.
16. What will happen if the details entered in DIN application are not as per the Income Tax PAN database?
Filing of DIN application shall not be allowed if the details entered in the form are not as per the Income tax database.