Start and Grow your Business
We are India’s leading Financial and Secretarial Advisor to Small, Medium and Large Business enterprises for their various requirements.
Why Choose us
- Cost Effective Services with Easy EMI
- Quick Turnaround Time
- Transparent Process & No Hidden Charges
- ISO 27001:2013 Certified for Data Security
- Recognised by Govt. of India
- Professional & Experienced Team
- 5000+ Satisfied Customers
- Enduring Business Relationship
Get in touch now for a FREE CUNSULTATION at +91-8866277244
Request a Callback
GST LUT Filing
LUT stands for Letter of Undertaking. The required details need to be furnished as per the prescribed format in the Form GST RFD-11 under Rule 96A. It is mandatory to furnish LUT to export goods or services or both without making IGST payment. If the exporter fails to provide the LUT, then he has to pay IGST or provide an export bond. Earlier LUT could only be filed offline at the concerned GST office. But to further ease the process the Government has made the LUT filing online.
ComplianceIndia can be your legal and professional partner in India to help you understand how to do GST LUT Filing in India quickly and cost-effectively.
Advantages of GST LUT filing
Exports without Tax payment
Capital Friendly for Business
An Entire Financial Year Validity
No monthly payment
Relaxation from Custom Duty
Easy and Convenient Online process
Eligibility for GST LUT Filing
A Business Entity or Seller Registered under GST is intending to supply goods/ services outside India or areas covered under Special Economic Zone without payment of Integrated GST.
Also, below-mentioned conditions need to be fulfilled for applying LUT Filing:
– There has never been the prosecution of the person under the Central Goods and Services Tax Act (CGST) or the Integrated Goods and Services Act (IGST) 2017 or any other existing laws where, the amount of tax levied exceeds Rs. 250 lakhs.
– The LUT shall be provided on the letterhead of the taxpayer registered under GST. It should be furnished in duplicate for a financial year. LUT is presented in the annexure to Form GST RFD-11 and can be issued by the partner, MD, Company Secretary or by the person duly signed by the company or the proprietor.
– If a person fails to pay the tax within the stipulated time as mentioned under the Central Goods and Services Act, the facility of exporting without payment of IGST is withdrawn till it is paid.
Jurisdiction for the submission of LUT
– The LUT shall be accepted by the Assistant or Deputy Commissioner having Jurisdiction over the place where the exporter does his business.
– The Exporter can furnish the LUT before any central or state officer till any specific administrative officer is assigned.
How we Work?
Documents required for GST LUT filing
Validity of GST LUT filing
The LUT submitted is valid for the whole financial year in which it is submitted. For each financial year, a New LUT is required to be submitted.
Also note that:
a) If the goods for export are not exported within three months of date of Invoice issue, then the Exporter is liable to pay GST along with 18% interest within 15 days according to Section 50 (1).
b) If the payment for services are not received within one year for which the LUT has been submitted, then the Exporter is liable to pay GST @ 18% within 15 days.
Failing to do so will lead to withdrawal of LUT facility and on subsequent payments, it can again be restored.
Our charges for GST LUT filing starts from Rs. 2,999/-.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How goods or services can be exported from India?
There are two ways possible to export under GST, one is export with payment of GST and second is export without payment of GST. To chose second option, you need to file LUT with the tax department stating that you shall fulfil all the export requirements.
2. What is a LUT under GST?
LUT stands for Letter of Undertaking. It is mandatory to furnish LUT to export goods or services or both without making IGST payment.
3. What should be filed in the Letter of Undertaking?
GSTIN and Name (Legal Name) of the Taxpayer will be prefilled based on login. The Taxpayer needs to select the financial year for which LUT is being filed, enter the name, address, and occupation details of two independent and reliable witnesses.
4. When is the Letter of Undertaking required to be filed?
If the exporters wish to opt for exports without the payment of taxes, the Letter of Undertaking is required to be filed. First time filing can be made any time before exporting without taxes. However, if the exporter wants to continue the same to the next financial year, it must be filed before the commencement of the financial year.
5. Who needs to sign the LUT Application?
Primary authorized signatory/ Any other Authorized Signatory needs to sign and file the verification with DSC/ EVC. The authorized signatory can be the working partner, the managing director, or the proprietor or by a person duly authorized by such operating partner or Board of Directors of such company or proprietor to execute the form.
6. Who is eligible to file Letter of Undertaking?
Earlier criteria of turnover and inward receipts were prescribed for filing LUT under GST. However, now any exporter willing to export without paying the taxes can file Letter of Undertaking under GST online.
7. Whether the filing of bond is required for exporters?
No, the requirement to file a bond is eliminated. For exports without payment of taxes, online Letter of Undertaking is required to be filed.
8. What is the validity of Letter of Undertaking filed?
Letter of Undertaking will be valid for the whole financial year in which it is filed. However, if the conditions with respect to exports are not fulfilled, LUT is deemed to be withdrawn until the fulfilment of conditions.
9. Whether the manual submission of LUT is required?
No, the physical submission of Letter of Undertaking is not required now as the ARN generated in the Acknowledgment is deemed as acceptance of the LUT.
10. Whether re-filing of LUT is required to continue the benefit?
Yes, the Letter of Undertaking is valid for the financial year in which it is filed. Hence, the LUT must be applied for in the beginning of every financial year.
11. Is it mandatory to record manually approved LUT in online records?
It is not mandatory, but if the Taxpayer wants to record the manually approved LUT to be available in online records, he can furnish it with the online application.
12. How would I know that the process of furnishing LUT has been completed?
After successful filing, the system will generate ARN and acknowledgment. You will be informed about successful filing via SMS and Email, and you can also download the acknowledgment as a PDF.
13. Is it possible to view the LUT Application after filing?
Yes, the Taxpayer will be able to see his LUT after filing.
14. What are the required documents for filing GST LUT?
To file GST Letter of Undertaking, the applicant is needed to furnish the GST Registration Certificate, IEC Code, PAN and Aadhaar Details of the business personnel and the business entity along with the bank credentials.
15. Is any witness/nominee required in LUT filing?
Yes. In the time of GST LUT filing, the applicant is needed to furnish 2 Nominees/Witness, one of them should be an employed Accountant of the particular entity.