LLP Annual Return Filing
Limited Liability Partnership (LLP) registered in India under the LLP Act, 2008 must mandatorily file LLP Form 11 Annual Return each year. Filing of LLP Form 11 is a mandatory annual compliance for all LLPs. In this article, we look at how to file LLP Form 11 annual return.
LLP Form 11 – Annual Return
LLP Form 11 is Annual Return of Limited Liability Partnership (LLP). The return must be e-filed each year with the Ministry of Corporate Affairs to maintain compliance and avoid penalty. LLP annual return must be filed electronically and taken on record. It is important to ensure that all the information filed in the Form is correct as there is no provision for resubmission of LLP Form 11 Annual Return.
Filing of LLP Form 11 will not be allowed in case there is any eForm 4 (Notice of appointment, cessation and change in designation of a designated partner or partner) pending for payment of fee or any eForm 4 is under processing with the MCA. Therefore, it is important to file any eForm 4 well ahead of the time of due date for LLP Annual Return.
LLP Form 11 Due Date
LLP Form 11 is due within 60 days of financial year end. Since, all LLPs have 31st March as the closure of financial year, LLP Annual Return Form 11 is due on the 30th of May of each year.
LLP Form 11 Late Filing Penalty
If LLP Form 11 Annual Return is not filed on or before the due date of 30th May, then a penalty of Rs.100 per day until the non-compliance continues will be applicable. As there is no cap on the penalty, the amount would increase over time. Hence, it is important to file the on time to avoid heavy penalty.
Information & Document Required to File LLP Form 11
The following information and documents are required for filing LLP Annual Return:
- LLP Identification Number
- Name of the LLP
- Registered office address of the LLP
- Business Classification of the LLP (Business, Profession, Service, Occupation, Others)
- Principal business activities of the LLP
- Details of Designated Partners and Partners of the LLP
- Total obligation of contribution of partners of the LLP
- Total contribution received by all partners of the LLP
- Summary of Designated Partners and Partners
- Particulars of penalties imposed on the LLP, if any
- Particulars of compounding offenses, if any
- Details of LLP and or company in which Partner/Designated Partner are a Director/Partner (It is mandatory to attach this detail in case any Partner/Designated Partner is a partner in any LLP and/or Director in any company)
It is important to note that once the LLP Annual Return is filed, it cannot be resubmitted. Further, the total contribution received by all Partners of the LLP mentioned in LLP Form 11 Annual Return must match LLP Form 8 Statement of Accounts & Solvency to be filed on or before 30th October. Therefore, it is important to get professional help while preparing and filing LLP Annual Return.
Signing of LLP Form 11
The LLP Form 11 must be digital signed with the digital signature of one of the Designated Partners of the LLP. In case total obligation of contribution of partners of the LLP exceeds Rs. 50 lakhs or turnover of LLP exceeds Rs. 5 crores, then LLP Form 11 needs to be certified by a Company Secretary in whole time practice.
In case total obligation of contribution of partners of the LLP does not exceed Rs. 50 lakhs and turnover of LLP does not exceed Rs. 5 crores, then LLP Form 11 must be certified by the designated partner of the LLP.
Filing LLP Annual Return
ComplianceIndia can help you prepare and file LLP Annual Return for your LLP. For more information, visit our LLP Annual Return Filing Service.